For this reflection I observed an online video resource demonstrating an English as a Foreign Language (EFL) class recorded in Korean classroom.  That which most stood out to me was the rapid rate of speed at which the instructor delivered his lesson. It was clear the students were used to the routine as the instructor moved briskly through different stages of the activity. First the students listened to a pre-recorded dialogue, then the instructor re-read the dialogue to them. After that, the instructor began engaging individual students, asking them to perform the dialogue with him. Another highlight of this observation was the seamless transitions between the native English speaker and the Korean instructor. They had the air of stage actors delivering a well-known, well-rehearsed performance. I was impressed by this, but I think I would hate it. It seemed clear that they were completely embedded within the structure of the lesson, like robots or something. The students seemed comfortable with this format, though, and in unison would chant correct responses to the queries of the instructors. The reason I find this unappealing is, on one hand, because it seems like too much work from an entry-level perspective. Personally, I am not thrilled at the prospect of rehearsing lessons and practicing lines so I can deliver mechanical lessons at breakneck speed. Students seemed to thoroughly enjoy the English song they listened to as part of their exercises. I was impressed with the courage of the English instructor when he sung the song to the children even though he cannot sing. After singing the song, the students were asked to sing along with the instructor. I think the use of songs within the lesson is very useful as melodies are inherently memorable—they get “stuck in your head,” as it were—meaning that the associated lyrics are likely to be more memorable as well.